DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

Today's Birthdays

ChrisFromTheBMT JimG kelino

Is this a good beginner gypsy guitar?

I'm an experienced Rock and Classical guitarist, looking to expand to another genre, and I've been interested in Gypsy Jazz for a while. I found this guitar for sale:
Selmer style "petite bouche" (oval hole) guitar handmade by Ottawa luthier Nathan Curry. Beautiful rosewood back and sides; solid spruce top; ebony fingerboard. Also has a high quality internal pickup. Bright and Loud! Guitar was handmade for me in 1998, at a cost of $1600. It now has some light wear, and a crack on the top that has been repaired. With a soft case. Great Guitar.
Mkl8JuBTsDkhg1svqlE6Xzg52hAG.jpgLYxM9mLuWdkwCVHviorQnWSqmpjg.jpg
He's selling it for $695 (canadian) by the way.
Nathan Curry seems like a pretty popular luthier around southern ontario, from what I've read. My only concern is the crack in the top, but it seems like a good opportunity to get a good guitar for a cheap price, as long as the crack won't have any large effect on the tone.

Comments

• BohemianBohemian State of Jefferson✭✭✭✭
    Contact Curry and see what he says about the guitar

$700 for a handmade seems reasonable but
    if you are not sure.. I would suggest and experienced Gypsy Jazz style player have a look at it.