DjangoBooks.com

Example 13.1 question

Chris PetersonChris Peterson Santa Monica, CANew
edited April 2007 in Gypsy Picking Posts: 50
I have been going through Gypsy Picking for about a month now and it is really starting to work for me. I have been going through the book very slowly and really figuring out each technique before I go on to another one. I am now up to the tremolo section and I have a problem with Example 13.1. The recording that came with the book isn't playing exactly what is on the book. The recording skips a beat. Now that isn't a problem, per se, but I just want to know which one you meant to put in the book. Should I be practicing as written, or as recorded?

Thanks,
Chris
Work on the <A HREF="http://www.petersonmusic.com/wiki">Gypsy Jazz Fake Book</A>.No finale experience necessary.

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    You're right, there's two sixteenths missing in the tremolo.

Fortunately, it doesn't really matter that much as it's essentially a rubato sort of lick anyway. It's from Django's Improv #1...I wrote the same lick out in the Unaccompanied Django book, but with one more 16th. It's pretty clear that Django was sort winging it on that lick, so I wouldn't worry too much about getting an exact amount of 16ths on that one.

But when doing a tremolo in time with a rhythm section you need to be dead on.
  • Chris PetersonChris Peterson Santa Monica, CANew
    I just wanted to make sure that I knew where "1" was supposed to be. I'll practice as is on the book.

Thanks,
    Chris
    Work on the <A HREF="http://www.petersonmusic.com/wiki">Gypsy Jazz Fake Book</A>.No finale experience necessary.