DjangoBooks.com

GUARDIAN FIBERGLASS GYPSY JAZZ GUITAR CASE CG-060-D (Dark Gr

Comments

• Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    Michael,

Is this the same case that the Homages come in?

The Hommage cases strike me as being a little light for travel but seem like wonderful day cases. On the other end of the spectrum, my Calton is so heavy that I rarely use it unless I'm traveling.

However, I saw a molded case that one of the European artists was carrying at DFNW '05 - he said he borrowed the guitar and case from an American and didn't know the case brand (and we couldn't find a tag) but it was about the same weight as a standard TKL or DATT and yet it was molded in this fashion and looked/felt "flightworthy" without weighing 15lbs. I remember thinking "Yep, that one is just about right - it'll go gig-to-gig for years and withstand a couple flights a year and it's not a beast to carry."

So - how's about it Michael? Is this the Hommage case or did you just find me my "Momma Bear" (just right) case?

-Bob
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    No, it's not the same case. It's actually better...has an accessories pocket, nicer handle, and seems to have better all around construction. However, it's a little small for Favinos. My Favino will fit in it, but it's a wee bit tight. However, Selmers fit perfectly. My Dupont VR fits just right.
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    Sounds like a case fit for a Busato ... ;)

I'm heading up Seattle way this weekend but won't actually be in Seattle - going up to Orcas to see a gentleman about some tonewood.

I need to get up that way pretty soon.
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
    SUre...I've got one here you can check out.
  • astocekastocek Portland, ORNew
    It's actually better...has an accessories pocket, nicer handle, and seems to have better all around construction.

Hi Michael,
    How does this case compare with the Calton case? It seems really affordable to me. I've been eyeing the Accord cases as they look great and have great reviews but they are just too expensive. The Calton's are nice but as Bob said, they are heavy and also pretty expensive these days. Any reviews or comparisons would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Aaron
    astocek wrote:
    How does this case compare with the Calton case?

Hi Aaron....the Gurdian is best described as a "light flight" case. Probably OK to travel with....but nothing like a Calton (I have one myself.) If you have an expensive vintage instrument and you're going to be traveling, just get a Calton. These fiberglass cases are probably OK 90% of the time, but I wouldn't risk a $10K instrument in one of these.
  • astocekastocek Portland, ORNew
    That's what I was thinking too. Thanks a lot!
  • manoucheguitarsmanoucheguitars New MexicoNew
    Just received one of these fiberglass cases from Michael! I highly recommend these! Really nice! My Orchestre fits perfectly. Thanks Michael!

Robert