DjangoBooks.com

Manouche Guitars Shoot Out- Judges Needed

Hi fellow gypsy jazzers. Manouche Guitars North America is sponsoring the first gypsy jazz guitar competition at the Cow Palace in Grants New Mexico later this spring. A beautiful, very scenic mostly unknown part of New Mexico where there's ample hiking, camping, very affordable lodging including a couple great B&B's. Mt Taylor is nearby at nearly 12,000 feet. Great mountain biking all around. Everyone will be welcome to this free event, so bring your Dupont, your Parks, your Saga's and of course, if you have one, your Manouche. I need six objective judges for this event. First prize will be a Manouche guitar of your choice. The criteria for judging the guitars will be decided by the judges. Dates are being decided. For more information contact Robert at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> or www.manouchenorthamerica.com This should be a fun low keyed event with a few surprises! If you may be interested in being a judge, please contact me (Archtop Eddy? Are you reading this?) Oh one other thing, acoustic only, leave your Shatten's and Bigtones at home! Thanks, Robert

Comments

• DuozonaDuozona Phoenix, AZNew
    Robert,

Is this a guitar competition for performers, or are you asking about judging guitars, like a luthiery competition, I dont quite read you clear. Either way sounds very cool.

Chuck
  • manoucheguitarsmanoucheguitars New MexicoNew
    Hi Chuck! This will be a guitar rather than performer competition. The judges should be looking at build and sound quality, broken down into various catagories. Still in the planning stages although I'm leaning towards having a song list put together played by a back up gypsy band for the competition, or could have a separate solo category. I want this to be fun for everyone with campfire jam sessions and the like. It will be next to the El Malpais National Park and close to things like Chaco Canyon, a few hours from the Grand Canyon, but you're from Phoenix so you know! I'm also going to be inviting as many student gypsy guitarists as I can contact to provide further inspiration for their playing, meet other gypsy jazz enthusiasts, and just have a great time. I'll have all the details worked out very soon and be posting dates etc. Thanks Chuck!

Robert