DjangoBooks.com

Improvisation On Tchaikovsky's "Pathetique" Andant

ShawnShawn Boise, Idaho✭✭✭✭
edited February 2007 in Repertoire Posts: 296
Does anyone have sheet music, midi file, tab file, etc. to this song? In particular I would like sheet music for Stephane Grappelli's violin parts (I also play violin), or even sheet music for the original version by Tchaikovsky...and to a lesser extent I would love Django's solo. Or, if anyone has a midi file, I could just convert that into sheet music.

Comments

• JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    You can find the whole score here (not Django's version):
    http://tinyurl.com/2xm3dw
    but that may be too much info for what you need...
    have a look at this too:
    http://library.thinkquest.org/22673/tchaik6th.html

Good luck,
    Jack.
  • ShawnShawn Boise, Idaho✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for that Jack, it will come in very handy! On a side note...do you know which movement Django and Stephane were doing the Improv over? It appears that Pathetique has several movements as is common with most classical music. Thanks!
    itamarmanes
    Hi Shawn,

If you look at the second link above, the fourth movement is the only one marked Andante...I assume that's what you'll want, but I'm not really familiar enough with the piece to say.

Best,
    Jack.
  • ShawnShawn Boise, Idaho✭✭✭✭
    Thanks again Jack, I didn't notice that. It's a beautiful piece I have been wanting to learn for awhile, but couldn't find sheet music to it.
  • bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!
    OMFG jack-
    Thats one of the best sites I have ever seen- so good . . . I now have sight reading practice for the next year!
    cheers,
    B.
    Ps. hope to see you and the gang down here for a show or two during the django a go go.
    As usual, sad to say I've got gigs that weekend. Sometime soon I really just need to pick a date and go down, shows or no shows.

Were you talking about the IMSLP site? I just stumbled onto it, but it looks great...

Best,
    Jack.
  • stublastubla Prodigy Godefroy Maruejouls
    the tune Django and Steph play is the 2nd subject of the 1st movement.Funny-i've been thinking of doing this one recently.
    Stu