DjangoBooks.com

Gyspy Jazz Teachers/Help

GregHBGregHB New YorkNew
edited January 2007 in Welcome Posts: 47
Hello. I'm wondering if anyone on here can give me information about Gypsy Jazz guitar teachers in my area. I live about 30 minutes from NYC
I have not had any luck locating one. I have been searching in the Northern New Jersey and metropolitan New York areas. I have seen some teachers who list it in the styles they teach along with blues, rock, country, funk, classical, flamenco, and every other style in the world. However, I would prefer someone dedicated solely to this style. If anyone can assist me in locating a Gypsy Jazz guitar teacher, I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks for reading.

-Greg

Comments

• dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    probably one of the top 3 players in north america:

www.stephanewrembel.com i think he teaches both in NY and NJ
  • GregHBGregHB New YorkNew
    Thanks for the info. I've been thinking about contacting him and haven't yet because I think he lives in Brooklyn which is a bit of a hike for me. I guess I'll try to find out if he teaches in New Jersey. Thanks again.
  • aa New York City✭✭✭✭
    who are the other top players?
    Www.alexsimonmusic.com
    Learn how to play Gypsy guitar:
    http://alexsimonmusic.com/learn-gypsy-jazz-guitar/
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    it's just me , but there are a few players that i really like in the US and Canada.... i wont name too many in case i leave someone out by accident lol... but gonzalo and kruno are two that come to mind...

and yngwie malsmteen too.. but he's swedish living in Miami
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Greg, I take lessons with Stephane, and I can assure you he is very approachable and a great teacher, whether you are a relative beginner like me, or a veteran. He's also a very interesting person. I will see him tomorrow for a lesson (I drive up from Philadelphia). He only lives about five minutes from Seton Hall, so you may find he's not too far from you. I'll mention to him that you may contact him.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • GregHBGregHB New YorkNew
    Thanks for the info Michael. He must be a pretty kickin' teacher if you drive all the way from Philly. I think I'll contact him this weekend. Thanks again.
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Good luck! I'm certain you'll be glad you called him.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • DiggerDigger New
    GregHB wrote:
    I think he lives in Brooklyn which is a bit of a hike for me.

Bloody hell. I wish I lived that close to someone like Stephane Wrembel. :lol:
  • bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!
    folks,
    to clear up- Stephane lives in NJ now- call him. he's an amazing musician with a very systematic method for playing this music we love- plus he's just a great human being. . . .
    Cheers,
    B.