DjangoBooks.com

Will a good tailpiece fit on my Gitane?

Looking at a nice nickle plated one, but I'm wondering if that little hump on the edge of the guitar will cause the screw holes to misalign. I'd rather not have to bend the metal of the tailpiece or redrill the holes on the guitar, if possible.

Thanks,
David

Comments

• Josh HeggJosh Hegg Tacoma, WAModerator
    It will fit and make sure to get some leather to put under it so it wont mess up the guitar. Don't know why they don't just put even some fake stuff under it from the factory. If the holes in the new one don't match up with the old holes but the new one covers the old holes then just put it on. If the old hold show... your call. If you do put it on and the old holes show you can go get some 1/8 dowel and fill them and with a small amount of wood stain you can make them disappear. But don't do that unless your up to it.

Cheers
  • drollingdrolling New
    Just thought I'd post in case anyone else is thinking of doing this. The DR tailpiece is a perfect fit for the 250M. No re-drilling or metal bending required. It certainly feels sturdier than the original, and with the red leather insert & nickle plating it looks pretty sharp too! ...now I'm thinking about new tuners...
    dr