DjangoBooks.com

Trouble selling my Shelley Park Elan

Hey guys, I've been trying for months now to sell this guitar (in classified) and have had only one serious response. Not sure what to do at this point, maybe I should stop selling and learn to play it. That has occurred to me. Any one have any suggestions.

thanks,

Ken

Comments

• pallopennapallopenna Rhode IslandNew
    Ken,

This is by no means the only option, but if you're near a higher end shop, you might consign your guitar there. Of course, you'll make a bit less money...

Also, ebay...

Craig's List.

Those are my immediate ideas.

Good luck!

-Paul

p.s. I like the "learning to play it" option myself.
    Reject the null hypothesis.
  • djadamdjadam Boulder, CONew
    When I sold my archtop via cragslist, I got basically no serious offers except some a$$holes who tried to lowball me, offering me far less than the asking price. The problem is that it was only my local area.

Then I put it on ebay and within 48 hours, I had sold it at $1000 more than what I was asking on Craigslist. Admittedly, it's a little scary shipping it to someone you don't know, but it worked out great. Helps to have good feedback established though.