DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (0)

Today's Birthdays

Michael Crean SDNW 0012

Dennis C's Northampton Workshop

Coolbopper1Coolbopper1 NH, USANew
edited February 2005 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 15
I haven't seen anything about this workshop on any boards and I think you all should know that Dennis C along with Andrew Lawrence put on a great workshop.
It was very clear, inclusive and well thought out.
I thought Dennis presented all subjects with compassion and a real desire to share his understandings and perspectives.
The ryhtym workshop was especially good IMO.
If any of you folks here ever want a great addition to any programs where a workshop dealing with the basics of trad playing in this style would be desireable, Dennis C would be a great person to present it for you. I thought the whole thing was just excellent and I learned a lot.

Andrew Lawrence and his Pioneer Vally Acoustic Guitar network put it all together for Dennis to do it. Andrew is a tireless supporter of this music and does a lot of things for so many people.
He's a good player too. A real treat to be there with all who were in attendance.

Just thought I'd post about this because good things like Dennis C's workshop should be a known thing.

Shepp

Comments

• JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    The ryhtym workshop was especially good IMO.

Agreed. The whole thing was a blast, but so many workshops give rhythm short shrift, and it was great to really get into the details (we spent about two and a half hours on it, while most workshops I've seen give it just a quick overview). Where would we be without La Pompe? My only regret is that we didn't have video running. Next time!

Thanks, Dennis.
    Jack.
  • marcieromarciero Southern MaineNew
    Yes by all means-let me second that emotion and extend my thanks to Dennis, and also Jack for hosting and Andrew for organizing. This is just the type of thing I need as as I try to develop my playing in the style. I much enjoyed the jamming-it was great to hear really good players playing this music, especially Dennis, Shepp, Jack, and Andrew, not to mention Chris (?) on violin (Holy s&#t!) Very inspiring.

Mike
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    marciero wrote:
    not to mention Chris (?) on violin (Holy s&#t!) Very inspiring.

Yeah, that was Chris; he's one of those lucky bastards who can play anything he lays his hands on! Once, at a rehearsal soon after we'd begun playing together, he sat down at the piano during a break and starting rattling off some great stuff...inspiring indeed. The bum.

Best,
    Jack.