DjangoBooks.com

Le Hot Club de ma Rue and Patrick Saussios, Montreal

viperviper VermontNew
edited February 2005 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 51
I saw a great show a couple of weekends ago in Montreal. François Rousseau, Martin Tremblay, Sébastien Heppel, and last but not least Josianne Laberge of Hot Club de ma Rue accompanied Patrick Saussios for a short tour of Quebec.

They packed Au Divan Orange, a small bar on St. Laurent. What an experience it must have been for Hot Club de ma Rue to join with a master for a few nights. I could see that all of them were stretching musically! That night Josianne (violin) and Patrick had a very strong connection in which he drew out of her some things that I'm not sure she knew were in there. Smiles from ear to ear from both of them affected the band and the room.

Here are some pictures from one of the shows on François' site:
http://www.djangomontreal.com/HCMR.htm

If you ever get the chance to get up to Montreal to see them, Hot Club de ma Rue will give you a show that is humble, soulful, and good on the ears. I can't say enough about them. We had them play at our wedding in October and it definitely helped make the day special.

Good luck.