DjangoBooks.com

Seul Ce Soir

ElliotElliot Madison, WisconsinNew
edited July 2007 in Repertoire Posts: 551
Got the chart, but hoping someone could provide the correct inversions to this tune. I'm using the L'Esprit Manouche Tchavolo video, which is in the key of G.

Many thanks!

Comments

• JasonJason New
    Hi Elliot,
    Use your ears and find the inversions that best suit your own interpretation of the tune. I could tell you exactly the inversions I use, but you would learn nothing of value from that. Best wishes, Jason
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Hi Elliot,

I think Jason is on the right track here; I doubt Tchavolo plays it the same way every time, even though everyone has their pet voicings. If you're stumped for some of the basic "gypsy jazz" voicings, take a look here:
    http://nuagesdeswing.free.fr/accords/accords_index.html

Best,
    Jack.
  • ElliotElliot Madison, WisconsinNew
    That's cool...could you do me a favor and tell me what chords that have a for example 7e or 9e mean?
    They're just 7th and 9th chords...

Jack.
  • nwilkinsnwilkins New
    "e" is the French version of "th", as in septieme (seventh)
    Eanks! :lol:
    Just to follow this up, I've completed this 'assignment' which probably took me about an hour, but to tell you the truth, I really didn't learn anything until I consulted p. 23 Vol 3 in Cosimini's. After all, we all know what the basic chords look like, right? But I wouldn't EVER have come up with e.g. 3322XX for a C6 chord, which is the kind of thing I had thought was open to discussion in this section, as I read in the sticky.

TNT,

Elliot
    Hi Elliot,

I wasn't trying to discourage sharing ideas, I've just found from my own experience that I at least learn more when people point me in the right direction and let me loose. It seems like once people are presented with what someone else thinks are the 'RIGHT' answers, they too often accept them outright and stop looking.
    Elliot wrote:
    ...to tell you the truth, I really didn't learn anything until I consulted p. 23 Vol 3 in Cosimini's. After all, we all know what the basic chords look like, right? But I wouldn't EVER have come up with e.g. 3322XX for a C6 chord, which is the kind of thing I had thought was open to discussion in this section, as I read in the sticky.

That C6 chord you mention that you wouldn't EVER have come up with is one of the examples given on the page I suggested above:
    accord_6_a.gif
    So it does pay to dig into what people offer, even if it seems like a chore at the time...Feel free to ask more questions if need be, and I'll be glad to offer what I can...

Best,
    Jack.
  • CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    Has anyone transcribed the head to this tune? or isout there on the web somewhere. I like Tchavolo's version and I used to have that L'eM video ut I loaned to a kid and never got it back.So I can't use that anymore. Any help would be appreciated.
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.