DjangoBooks.com

5° Festival Int.le Jazz Manouche Torino

tommasotommaso ROMA-ITALYNew
edited September 2006 in Gypsy Jazz Italia Posts: 149
Hi,
Is there anyone who has been at the Festival (15,16 17 sept. 2006) in Torino? It could be nice if he reported to the community, since the press has not treated the subject.
IMO there is a lack of interest by italian media to GJ! In these days the press reported other news about musical events in Torino, but no one word about the Jazz Manouche Festival, that also would have deserved some mentions.
:cry:
Tommaso
Grazie Django!

Comments

• emicademicad Rome - ItalyModerator
    tommaso wrote:
    Hi,
    Is there anyone who has been at the Festival (15,16 17 sept. 2006) in Torino? It could be nice if he reported to the community, since the press has not treated the subject.
    IMO there is a lack of interest by italian media to GJ! In these days the press reported other news about musical events in Torino, but no one word about the Jazz Manouche Festival, that also would have deserved some mentions.
    :cry:
    Tommaso
    Hi Tommaso,
    I was there only for the saturday night concert, my program was to be there also for sunday to see Angelo's concert but unfortunately I had an inconvenience so I returned back to Rome sunday morning.
    The place, the Cortile del Maglio, was really good, a sort of a circular place with the stage at the centre and various little spaces around with some music, ethnic and food shops. There was also various luthier's expositions with various intruments to try, also some cds, dvds, guitar books for sale, food, wine and beer.
    The concert started with Robin Nolan trio performance, then there was Ritary ensemble and at the end a big jam-session with all the artists, all the performance were really good, both Robin and Ritary played archtop guitars, giving a real jazzy sound. In addition to the bands there was also two good violinists but I can't remember the names, unfortunately Titi Winterstein wasn't there and his concert, planned for saturday night, was cancelled.
    It was really funny, I met my friend Robin and Ritary, who signed me his new cd and I was really happy, also if I'm sad to have missed the opportunity to know Angelo Debarre, I hope to have another chance next time and I hope also to read some comments about his performance, anyone was there?
    edited September 2006 Posts: 472
    A couple of videos I made with my cellphone during the concert:

• tommasotommaso ROMA-ITALYNew
    Thanks to Emicad, who is always updated on GJ in Italy, for his report.
    But next time bring with you a real videocamera ! (just joking!)
    Thank you Emicad,
    Tommaso :lol:
    Grazie Django!
    tommaso wrote:
    Thanks to Emicad, who is always updated on GJ in Italy, for his report.
    But next time bring with you a real videocamera ! (just joking!)
    Thank you Emicad,
    Tommaso :lol:
    Thanks for your nice words, next time I'll bring a real videocamera with me for sure! I'm bored about this low quality stuff but first of all I must to buy one. I'm waiting some better files from clausci who was there with me and have a digital camera, so I'll post something new soon.
    Some new stuff from clausci