DjangoBooks.com

Gypsy Fire

andyjandyj Birmingham EnglandNew
edited August 2006 in Gypsy Fire Posts: 19
Hey Andreas,
Just brought 'Gypsy Fire', and I am having trouble in getting the licks up to faster tempos. Have you got any tips on how to achieve faster playing? Aside from licks in the book, i am also having difficulty in playing fast chromatic runs. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Really enjoyed your set with Gary Potter at Gossington

Regards

Andy

Comments

I'm not Andreas and I certainly can't play as fast as him but I know the process the you have to go through. Just start slow. Play the example perfectly at a slow tempo and then gradually push the tempo to the edge of your comfort zone, but still being able to play the example with relaxed muscles and precision. That's all there is to it. If you do this constantly (everyday) then you'll gradually notice yourself pushing the tempo more and more.
  • AndreasObergAndreasOberg Stockholm,SwedenModerator
    Hi Andy,
    I'm glad you liked the Gossington-set. I think that Capilano answered your question pretty good. When it comes to the chromatic runs, it's important to find good fingerings that works for you..remember that for some people it may actually be easier to do the chromatic ascending Django-runs with two fingers. Try it and find out what's good for you.

Best Regards
    Andreas