edited July 2006 in Violin Posts: 1,752
Hi gang,

Just stumbled onto this site and thought someone might benefit:
http://www.fiddlingaround.co.uk/lessons.html

Best,
Jack.

Comments

• clausciclausci RomaNew
    quite interesting ,finally a quite xplaining withouth pretences.
    i never studied jazz violin but all the time i searched about it i found the basics wich anyone can imagine himself.
    IMO most of the times the words "forgot classical violin" are wrong and the examples can be found on the most famous jazz violinists (a part of the selftrained Grappelli)like Michel Warlop,Joe Venuti etc.
    i was been pretty unhappy of the lessons in the tutorial of Matt Glaser,in wich he invite you to limitate yourself in two octaves cause the trumpet have two octaves. maybe i m exagerate but at that point i turn it off.
    The violin is a complex instrument with million of possibilities and surely calssical training contains them all.not important if these are not often used in jazz,is better to know them for me that don t know ...
    instead in these page he giustify the words "forgot it" in a nice way remarking the differences of playng jazz. Also Didier Lokwood book is a very good resource.
    Claudio