DjangoBooks.com

Trade Dupont Nomade for Archtop

Considering trading my 2020 Dupont Nomade for an archtop if I can find the right one. I bought the Nomade from Michael in May and it is mint! Not a ding or scratch anywhere. Paid $2300.00. Things I am looking for in an archtop...one pickup, no knobs on the pickguard, ebony fingerboard, frets in great shape and ready to play. Something like a Comins GCS 16 or similar would be perfect. If I can't find the right archtop I will happily keep the Nomade because the sound is amazing, but I need a good archtop for my current projects. Thank you.

Comments

• ChristopheCaringtonChristopheCarington San Francisco, CA USANew Dupont MD50, Stringphonic Favino, Altamira Chorus

Why the switch? Tone? Play ability? Travel-friendliness? Why not go for a peche a la mouche pickup if you need the tone? I've played one into my electric rig and it gets a great old-school jazz tone.

Not really a switch, but I have 2 GJ guitars and no archtop and I have the opportunity to play some gigs playing standards. I guess I could go with the Peche pickup, that would work. I am playing both Django music and Bebop so one way or the other I will need to be armed with the tools for both. If nothing comes of this post I will go back to plan A and buy a Peche pickup and save my money for the archtop for my next guitar.