DjangoBooks.com

gypsy jazz chords pdf for beginners !

misterdanielbmisterdanielb Paris/NoviSad✭✭ Florian Jegu
in Gypsy Jazz 101 Posts: 44

Hello all ! if you are beginner and want to learn the principal chords used in this style have a look at this video: ( the pdf is available here: https://www.guitarsession.net/gypsy-jazz-chords-book/ )

Hope it will be useful ! :)

Dan

Tagged:

Comments

A helpful little document!

Just a heads up, what you call a semi diminished is called a half diminished in English.

misterdanielb
  • misterdanielbmisterdanielb Paris/NoviSad✭✭ Florian Jegu

ohh thanks good to know !! I need to work more my english haha :)

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

There are many different systems for writing chords, tab, etc. I like your choice to put the interval of the note in the circles (root, 3rd, 6th, etc). Too often we rely on just using shapes without understanding what notes are what. Understanding the different chord and color tone locations within the chord shapes will only help visualize your useful notes during your improvisation. This is a good thing for beginners to be exposed to.

Excellent point. I've always thought the same. Especially if you want to alter the chord, or use it as a basis to solo.

billyshakes
  • misterdanielbmisterdanielb Paris/NoviSad✭✭ Florian Jegu

👍👍yeah I really think for beginners it's crucial to know that! for instance where the third is when you play a chord it will help to memorize the position to work arpeggios and a lot of stuff after...

:)

billyshakes
  • BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl

Very clear systematic approach - thanks Daniel.

misterdanielb