DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (0)

Related Discussions

Today's Birthday

LT86

For Sale: 1973 "Book of Django"

edited July 4 in Classifieds Posts: 916

I have for sale, what I expect to be somewhat rare, a 1973 "Book of Django" , compiled by Max Abrams in Los Angeles, CA.

188 pages, paperback-photocopied plastic-spiral-bound

It contains lists of Djangos record album releases and dates, with detailed descriptions, probably all know to exist at the time.

I believe it is an original from Max Abrams himself, and not a copy, nor will I make a copy.

I think I want $150 for it. I'll add pictures later if it doesn't sell within the month.

---
Jon Austen, Portland, OR
playing since 1997
Tagged:

Comments

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Altamira M10

Jon,

I have seen these for sale several times over the years (including on this board). Some are spiral bound, some have a normal binding. Not sure if you will get that price, though, as there are several copies available from booksellers at far less. I think a price closer to $60-75 including shipping might find you a home but good luck with the sale. It is a neat artifact.

• crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira MF01, Godefroy Maruejouls

I bought one, in a pretty worn state, for $15 dollars from Ebay. It's not bound, it's all paper which hasn't aged well. I agree that $150 is pretty optimistic but who knows.

always learning
  • spatzospatzo Virtuoso

Hi!

Interesting ... maybe a couple of sample pages just to understand the exact nature of the wonder?

• crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira MF01, Godefroy Maruejouls

I bought it expecting lots of info and reviews of gigs but it's mainly details of recordings. To be honest I haven't looked at much since I got in December 2019. I'll post some pics of pages later.

always learning
  • spatzospatzo Virtuoso

Quite lazy isn’t it?

• KittyKateKittyKate New

I don't think you will be able to find a customer for such a high price. I found that book on Amazon for 30$ last year. I ordered it because it was a kind of a coursework help when I was writing an essay about jamming. It looked almost like a new one with the great quality of papers. But I wish you luck in finding a customer