DjangoBooks.com

Anybody using string lubricant?

Comments

I still like the stuff.

I've been using Optima brand. Not well known amount us but Brian May is endorsing their electric guitar strings. Dario Napoli is the the endorser for the Hot Club Gypsy Fire line. I'm pretty sure they are the only strings I've tried these things on. I figured they all use somewhat similar recipes. I'll get something else and try.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel

Actually the following day it was much less sticky. Not slinky but I'd take this compromise for a fresh sound. It's the best of both worlds, strings have a clarity of new strings but without all those overtones that new strings have that aren't the best thing in this genre.

• ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭

Yes but not for guitar...too much info?

∆ Took you a while. You're off your game ∆

A demo of sorts. Last night all I heard were mistakes, today I'm like ok it's not bad. If anyone is interested

bopstervanmalmsteenmac63000billyshakesMichaelHorowitzScoredog
  • bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4

Damn good playing Buco. Slides are all clean. Vibrato sounds better than ever. Tacky Little Debbie is no longer a problem.

Buco
  • vanmalmsteenvanmalmsteen Diamond Springs ,CANew Latch Drom F, Eastman DM2v, Altamira m30d , Altimira Mod M

That geeetar is sweet Buco! Sounds good

Buco

Thanks guys :) I'm super bad, define "my own worst critic" saying. It's true what I wrote in the description that I had two pints of a decent ABV IPAs prior haha. I was actually jamming on the Anniversary Song and heard in my mind a phrase from Bistro Fada that I figured would be nice to use... I'm going from the memory but I think in the second A and bars 5, 6, 7 is what I'm talking about. And it does come in handy over E7 to Am (in this case I'm seeing it as V going to minor I). Then I started playing Bistro Fada which I haven't touched on for a while. I wanted to make a better recording but latency issues all of a sudden popped up and I didn't want to deal with it then.

Yeah Paul I'm finally feeling better about my vibrato. Before it was like "I see my fingers wiggle but I can't hear much difference...". Actually I think me still working on nailing Django I'll See You In My Dreams solo helped with the vibrato.

Tonight I was reworking the fingering on a part of B section that I didn't like on this take, looking at easier ways to play it cleanly. Never ends....

mac63000
  • bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4

Duved has Django’s vibrato down.

Buco
  • edited July 2020 Posts: 4,737

Somehow this thread has initiated me to finally dig more into learning to import the Band in a box (BIAB) tracks into Ableton Live which is another piece of software where I'm trying to learn the basics of recording. I got this whole package wanting to record more, especially original music, with a better quality recording. Funny how things work sometimes. It's actually pretty easy once you know which buttons to click and tonight I recorded another demo, audio only this time of Bistro Fada again. I ironed the part I was not happy with last time but the parts I played smoothly last time are not so this time. No lack of boredom doing this guitar playing business. I think the audio quality is pretty decent. BIAB really does a good job faking a real band. I always heard people criticizing the GJ waltz style but here I'm OK with guitars, to me the bass is a little jumpy and too busy. My plan is record my own rhythm guitars and only use bass. I hope I can manipulate the bass track into something more to my liking, we'll see. A friend wrote this BIAB chord progression and sent me the file and it's pretty busy itself with some alternate chords and more extensions than I play on this song. That could be the reason for the bass track liveliness too. Anyway for those who might be curious:

PS I miss my rock days where it was totally expected and ok to record as many takes in as many chunks you need to end up with a perfect track.

Passacagliamac63000