DjangoBooks.com

Manouche Picks

Just some positive feedback for Jokko at Manouche Picks. I ordered a pick just before Christmas and, Christmas post being what it is, it got lost. I left it as long as I could then emailed Joke who promptly sent me another one - no fuss, no messing about.

It arrived today and I can tell you it's the best pick I've ever had! It's really well made, super comfortable to hold and the sound is fantastic! I've used a lot of picks but this is the one for me.

The search is over.

mac63000rudolfochristBillDaCostaWilliams

Comments

• ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020 Posts: 872

I have a love hate relationship with his picks, I have an Irene which is my favorite all time pick and have ordered 2 more in the hope that it matched and those 2 are unplayable to me. Neil Andersson recently got one and it matches the one I have. I wish I could return the two I don't like and try again, at 30 plus dollars I won't risk another experiment.

Twang
  • swiesslerswiessler NorCalNew Dupont MD20,Gibson L5,Bumgarner F hole(DiMauro type)

Try EML picks. Eric Lopez makes them in California. I have found them to be excellent, and he will adjust his designs to

your needs if you call him.

Twang
  • TwangTwang New

The one I got is called manouche. I got it in his art nouveau plastic. Maybe if you sent all three picks back to Jocko he’d modify the two you don’t like to match the good one? I’ll bear what you said in mind scoredog cos I was planning on ordering a few more. Maybe get one at a time!

no matter what I tried in the past I always ended up going back to a 3.5mm Wegen. This pick is like that but more comfortable to hold and has a rounder tone but still gives me a punchy sound. I played a couple of licks that I commonly scuff up with my Wegen and this pick helped tidy things up a lot.

• bohemewarblerbohemewarbler St. Louis, MO✭✭✭✭ Jordan Wencek No.26, Altamira M01D-12 fret
    edited January 2020 Posts: 243

The only picks I use are Jokko's picks after several years of searching for the right pick. He allowed me to essentially design it myself (incorporating elements of his design and materials, of course). It's called "the circle," which is similar to the button style picks. I use it strictly for rhythm. I haven't any need to use any other pick since. I've been a devoted user for about 3-4 years. I ordered 4 more picks a few weeks ago. I recently lost two on a trip out of town, and lost another who knows where. I prefer the tortoise, by the way.

Twang