DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

Today's Birthday

ladey

Slim neck GJ guitar??

Rob P.Rob P. PhoenixNew
edited June 2006 in Archtop Eddy's Corner Posts: 4
Hey Y'all,

I'm new to GJ and the acoustic guitar world. I've been playing 35+ years, mostly electric, and just love a Tele neck. Is there a GJ guitar anyone can recommend with a slim, non-chunky neck, and decent acoustic sound? I have never seen a GJ guitar in any guitar store, so I don't know what is typical. Heck, I don't even know if the strings are steel or nylon on GJ guitars... Any advice/info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Rob P.

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    This one has about the slimmest neck I've ever seen on a Selmer:

• JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Yeah-in fact, I used to describe the one I used to own as having a Tele neck.
    (The strings will almost always be steel, by the way, but usually differ from standard acoustic strings-generally they're silver coated copper over a steel core, and the gauges are pretty light; 10-45 is probably the most common. The longer scale length of the guitars makes up for the lighter gauge...)

Best,
    Jack.