DjangoBooks.com

recent concert video posted

AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15

Can anyone help me find a recent GJ concert video posted (I believe on here) featuring a pianist along with some fantastic guitar playing? I think it was in Europe...

Comments

• Micky DunneMicky Dunne Liverpool UK✭✭✭✭ Olivier Marin, JWC Modele Orchestre, AJL La Flasque
    edited September 2019 Posts: 155
    wim
    Fast and bulbous

www.manouchetones.com
  • BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl

Was it Olli?

Matches the description anyway.

• AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15

It might have been Olli, but it was on a large nightclub stage in front of an audience from what I remember, and I think the pianist was a skinny guy, and they were somewhat formally dressed.

• geese_comgeese_com Madison, WINew 503

Maybe a "Beets meets Rosenberg" video?

AndyWAndrewUlle
  • AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15

It's gotta be that pianist, if not the same video. I normally don't like piano mixed with Gypsy Jazz - as the main player in a jazz trio, sure, like Oscar Peterson - but this was fascinating.

geese_com
  • AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.

Call me a dick if you like - I don't like to criticise good players - is it just me quietly thinking that the piano isn't quite "locking together tightly" with the rest of the band on the fast numbers??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkcBZXt4j1U