DjangoBooks.com

A tune that has become an obsession... "My One and Only Love"

Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
in Welcome Posts: 1,854
Just a few great versions of this great tune...

Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
AndyWBucoJosechiky

Comments

• AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.
    'tis a beautiful tune, a favourite of mine.
    For us saxophonists, the most famous interpreters are, perhaps -
    John Coltrane with Johnny Hartman vocal:

and Michael Brecker:
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    Nice.

Have you ever heard this one by Houston Person with only bass accompaniment?

And this wonderful version by Stephane Grappelli with some lovely Lang-style guitar accompaniment by Barney Kessel...

Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • JosechikyJosechiky
    One of my favourite covers of this tune is this one:

BucoLango-Django
    Wow thank you @Josechiky that's truly beautiful.
    Josechiky
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • MatteoMatteo Sweden✭✭✭✭ JWC Modele Jazz, Lottonen "Selmer-Maccaferri"
    And for us who (like Django, ha!) play a bit of trumpet, and sometimes sing, there is of cause Chet Baker. I miss the days when he was still around and playing in clubs and on concert stages.

• JosechikyJosechiky
    Buco wrote: »
    Wow thank you @Josechiky that's truly beautiful.

You're welcome!Glad you liked :3
  • michaelbmichaelb New
    edited May 2019 Posts: 3
    Bireli and Sylvain

• AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.
    always room for one more saxophone---
  • TonyReesTonyRees New South Wales, Australia
    edited August 2019 Posts: 140
    Martin Weiss plays a nice version with Bireli (solo, i.e. duo!) on Bireli's "Gipsy project" DVD - it's available here (start at 1:02:00) (actually this was my introduction to the tune!)

• TonyReesTonyRees New South Wales, Australia
    edited August 2019 Posts: 140

Also Ian Date (Australia/Ireland) has a nice fingerstyle version, often played as a segue into something else (Minor Swing on a version I have, 'In The Wee Small Hours Of The Morning' on this one):

BillDaCostaWilliams