DjangoBooks.com

What happened to caravan guitars?

opus20000opus20000
in Classifieds Posts: 85
Ok I know it's the "competition" here, but what happened to http://www.caravanguitars.com ? Their FB page has been dead for over a year too
https://www.facebook.com/caravanguitarschicago/

Comments

• juandererjuanderer New ALD Original, Manouche Latcho Drom Djangology Koa, Caro y Topete AR 740 O
    It was recently mentioned in another thread that they are still operating albeit without a storefront or website - I vaguely recall it being stated that they are available through their facebook page although, as you said, it seems dead.

... did a quick search:
    geese_com wrote: »
    Buco wrote: »
    I'mOuch, could be, since I moved to the East coast I'm out of the loop. I see the site is down but the FB page is still active. Hope they're still around...
    I'd be surprised if Caravan Guitars was still in business. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I am chatting with them right now. They are still in business but no actual store front or website.
  • opus20000opus20000
    still in business w/o a store or website ?! How does that work?
  • geese_comgeese_com Madison, WINew 503
    opus20000 wrote: »
    still in business w/o a store or website ?! How does that work?

Not quite sure.

I sent a Facebook message to the Caravan Guitars Chicago Facebook page and chatted with someone there.

https://www.facebook.com/caravanguitarschicago/
  • djanghostdjanghost New
    Hey everybody, this is sam from caravan guitars. I'm relocating from chicago to new orleans and haven't decided if im going to reopen the store or not. Josh is still here in chicago but has been considering going in to a different business venture, and I'm not sure if i would like to continue on my own. Thanks for wondering about it, though!
  • pdgpdg ✭✭
    Thanks, Sam, for clarifying things, for those of us who don't use facebook. If you still have an inventory you might put it up here . . . .
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 959
    pdg wrote: »
    Thanks, Sam, for clarifying things, for those of us who don't use facebook. If you still have an inventory you might put it up here . . . .
    I think that is not quite why Michael kindly hosts this forum. The odd private sale maybe ok, but free advertising for what could be seen as a rival business (even one that is temporarily on hold)? That is pushing it. I would suggest if he needs an online presence Facebook already reaches a wide audience and Reverb or ebay are well enough known such that any potential buyer will be looking there anyway.

BillDaCostaWilliamsMichaelHorowitz
  • vanmalmsteenvanmalmsteen Diamond Springs ,CANew Latch Drom F, Eastman DM2v, Altamira m30d , Altimira Mod M
    Tru Dat