DjangoBooks.com

Vette chords

2»

Comments

That seems to be a hard song and I hope I can learn it someday. Is that a song for advanced players?

That seems to be a hard song and I hope I can learn it someday. Is that a song for advanced players?

Not really. If you're beginner in the genre but not on the guitar, go right at it. If you're beginner at the guitar start with Minor Swing and/or Minor Blues.
    AndyW
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • Teddy DupontTeddy Dupont Deity
    Wim Glenn wrote: »
    It comes out of nowhere... ;)
    That's where Charles Delaunay said Django's music came from.
    AndyW
  • AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.
    speaking of old American classics, anybody notice that Vette B-section is same as the B-section of the jazz standard "Angel eyes" written in 1946 ?
    [ one year before Django recorded 'Vette' , I think]
    wim
    Yes, here is a chart: https://www.christianlange.com/charts/vette_96.jpg. Does anyone have a playback for this song? If you could send me a link I would be very grateful! Also, my email is: [email protected]
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    Well spotted AndyW, but it is said that the Quintet recorded the first version of vette in 1943. Unfortunately, no disc could be made from the recordings (the sources do not agree regarding the reason: matrix disc broken, lost etc.)
    But it is possibly that Rostaing kind of forgot the bridge and just played whatever he had in mind and it was Angel Eyes, who knows?