Logo
Call Us
Categories

DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Today's Birthdays

AndhiP youlovestook AurelInTaunus

Related Discussions

Who's Online (1)

• DarrenKingUK 10:17PM

Rhythm sound on Peche or other magnetic pickups

Hi everyone, I have read comments that rhythm, or specifically le pompe, doesn’t sound good on magnetic pickups. Does anyone have any videos or recordings showing what this sounds like? I can find lots of examples of lead sound but not many showing rhythm.

Comments

• It doesn't sound acoustic, but I've gotten over that a long time ago. The Barault is with a Lace. The CB is with a Peche. I haven't looked back since I went this way over the Ischell, which was kind of a pain in the ass. Here are examples at different volumes, tempos, etc.

adrianBuco
  • Sounds great, thanks for the quick response!
    Jim Kaznosky
  • @"Jim Kaznosky" is Le Temps Qui Passe your original? Love that tune.
    Especially that bridge line that guitar/keyboard plays together. That's golden!
    Jim Kaznosky
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • Yes. There's a lot of songwriting mixing modern and classic elements going on in the band right now. That's a fun one to play. Thank you.

To bring this back, we've tried many different amplification options as we play at least twice a week and have to be portable. The mags are the easiest option. There are limited adjustments that are needed if we leave home base for a private gig. Before, it was endless screwing around with mike placement or eq. Now that keyboard rig is a totally different story.
    Buco
  • That's some pretty awesome song writing.

With a lot of these magnetic pickups, the sound depends a lot on how you eq-it on your preamp pedal and/or amp. Dial in a warmer sound and you can play lapompe with it.
    Well, as Jim demonstrated, it sound great.
    I was always satisfied with the rhythm sound I get with Krivo.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • The majority of those tunes are written by Mattias Gustafsson, who has quite a bit of experience in the pop world and Bryan Beninghove on the sax, keyboards, melodica, and general sparkle. We've all written a bit for the second record. But thank you. I'm lucky to play with these guys.
    BucoMarkA