DjangoBooks.com

Music Chart needed - I Love You

crothcroth ✭✭
in Repertoire Posts: 107
Does anyone have a chart for this tune, or a resource for it, that they can pass along? I need a music chart that has both the melody and the changes on it. I'd like to introduce this tune to my jam group.

Thanks.

Comments

• bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
    Cole Porter song (1944) or Harry Archer (1920)?
  • geese_comgeese_com Madison, WINew 503
    Here is one for the Cole Porter version:

http://www.guitarcats.com/realbook-jazz-standards/i-love-you
  • jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    edited February 2019 Posts: 705
    I found this "standard and tab" in my Django in June folder, not sure if it's the version you're looking for. Here is a nice version courtesy of Brad Brose and William Brunard.
    rudolfochrist
  • crothcroth ✭✭
    edited February 2019 Posts: 107
    Hey, thanks to both of you! The DIJ version is great, and I went and found the one without the tab (there are other instruments in the group besides guitars). Great idea, looking at the DIJ Getting Ready materials. I also liked the Real Book formatted version, which I kept to use with a real book based jazz group that I play in. Is that you Gian that sent that? A note to Bopster- I wouldn't have known which version, only that it's a standard in GJ. Thanks for the reply though.
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    If you want to learn more about the history of the tune, check the transcription of the 1947 clarinet version or practice with a playalong, you have all this on this page of my website:
    I Love You - 1947
    rudolfochristAndyW
  • geese_comgeese_com Madison, WINew 503
    croth wrote: »
    Hey, thanks to both of you! The DIJ version is great, and I went and found the one without the tab (there are other instruments in the group besides guitars). Great idea, looking at the DIJ Getting Ready materials. I also liked the Real Book formatted version, which I kept to use with a real book based jazz group that I play in. Is that you Gian that sent that? A note to Bopster- I wouldn't have known which version, only that it's a standard in GJ. Thanks for the reply though.

Yup, it's me!