Logo
Call Us
Categories

DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Today's Birthdays

SStopford rstraw

Who's Online (1)

• DeuxDoigts_Tonnerre 9:33PM

Amplification/Mic

Hey everybody. I'm considering ways to amplify my gj guitar. I want to run it through my loop pedal to my guitar amp. I was considering the audio technica pro 70, but it looks like it doesnt come with everything I'll need. What would I use to connect between the pedal and pro 70? Guitar > pro70 > ? > loop pedal > 1/4 inch cable > guitar amp

Comments

• DeuxDoigts_TonnerreDeuxDoigts_Tonnerre Lawrenceville GA USANew Altamira M30D, Gitane DG-250M
    This is a different route than the Audio Technica Pro 70, but FWIW, I just installed a K&K Pure Macaferri (2 transducer heads super-glued on the inside at the tips of the moustache pieces as recommended) in my Altamira M30D. I am running the Guitar into a BOSS CS-3 compressor pedal and then into my Digitech JamMan Stereo, then into a PA head. I used the BOSS compressor pedal because I had it left over from my previous life as a rock/blues guitarist. I am pretty happy with the results so far. I can use the compressor pedal to give the tone some "body" or fullness, especially if I want a little more bass in my tone. If I get feedback, I dial the Sustain knob back a little.

I may add an EQ pedal or a preamp in my signal chain eventually for more tone shaping or feedback mitigation capabilities.

Either way, it may take a bit of experimentation to get the sound that you really like and that will work for your situation.
  • Pro70 is XLR output, you need something like this to connect to your looper (assuming it doesn't have the XLR input, only the 1/4 inch):
    https://www.fullcompass.com/prod/011646-audio-technica-cp8201-in-line-transformer-low-z-to-hi-z
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Anastasio, Godefroy Maruejouls
    I think the Jam man has an xlr mic input which should accept the Pro 70s output.
    Buco
    always learning