DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Related Discussions

Who's Online (3)

• 10thfretBlues 6:39AM
  • karmar 6:39AM
  • zoinks 6:39AM

Today's Birthdays

falkowskej jackshenry

Gypsy Jazz Jam at the Neutral Ground Coffeehouse New Orleans

ChiefbigeasyChiefbigeasy New Orleans, LA✭✭✭ Alves de Puga DR670; Dupont MDC 50; The Loar LH600
in North America Posts: 247
My trio—River Gypsy Jazz—has a regular monthly 2 hour slot at the Neutral Ground Coffeehouse in New Orleans. I’m putting the word out to all aspiring (and inspiring) players to come and sit in. It’s low stress, no pressure. We play the standard early acoustic Django repertoire. Next gig is Tuesday night, 1/22/19 from 8 to 10 pm. The address is 5110 Danneel St.

Notice that we’re finally getting a world class combo in town for the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival in late April. The Django Allstars are on the bill for a set. Been wishing more stars would do concerts here. After all, the birthplace of Jazz and Louis Armstrong deserve a little gypsy Jazz love.

Meanwhile, I’ll take my inspiration where I can—internet, YouTube, etc.—and try to recruit and encourage players when I can.
BucoWim GlennAndyW

Comments