DjangoBooks.com

Di Mauro Modèle Django for sale

ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
edited December 2018 in Classifieds Posts: 959
Ok, I have pulled the trigger on getting a new luthier made guitar built to my specs and have decided to sell the Di Mauro.
A nice example of the Modèle Django in the rare sunburst finish which is in good condition with just a few small chips.
It still has the original yellow button Delaruelle tuners, floating bridge and trapeze tailpiece.
The top is spruce and the neck looks like mahogany, I can't tell what the laminate back and sides are.
Scale length is 640mm (25 1/4")
From what I have read the gold decal on the upper bout dates it to the 1960s. The neck is straight and although the frets have some wear they have been crowned and polished and there is plenty of life left in them yet.

I am in Australia and the relevant authority states that it can take up to 40 days to obtain the CITES certificate, which I can't apply for until it is sold as they need the recipient's address details too.
So.
What I suggest for any international buyer is that a non-refundable AU$100 deposit will hold it while I apply for CITES papers with the rest to pay as soon as the certificate is received ready to ship.
Asking AU$1,000 for a quick sale plus shipping which will be about AU$320 to USA or Europe.
(AU$1320 = US$930 at the time of writing).
I can supply many more photos if required.

Comments

• tomcunntomcunn ✭✭✭
    these are great little guitars and this is a great price. i already have one. whenever i think about selling it i start to play it. then i keep it.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Haha Tom, yeah same here with my Patenotte. Wasn't playing it so pulled it out to check it out and sell it. Still playing it :-)