DjangoBooks.com

Mystery Guitar - ID help

bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
Here’s what I know: flat cedar top, mahogany back and sides, internal resonator. I know nothing else, as does the owner. Sounds like a very loud Maccaferri.

Any leads are appreciated.

https://instagram.com/p/BrbY7PwDWUv/
wim

Comments

• ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    Interesting look, never seen anything like that before. Note 9th fret marker instead of 10th and what looks like a truss rod cover, so probably not from the Sicilian/French/Italian or mandolin school and not too old. I would guess a one-off made to order or just to the builder's own specs. I will follow the post with interest though as I am deliberately difficult and not being of the sheep mentality regarding guitars I always like to find new, or previously unknown variations.
  • bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
    You’re on target Chris. Jacques Mazzoleni of Gypsyguitars.com and Michael H. both have no idea about the maker other than it being likely North American.

Time to send photos out to a few luthiers.