Logo
Call Us
Categories

DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Today's Birthdays

David_Mencher CosmoLife

Who's Online (0)

Mystery Guitar - ID help

bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Altamira M30, Gitane DG-370, Wide Sky PL-1
Here’s what I know: flat cedar top, mahogany back and sides, internal resonator. I know nothing else, as does the owner. Sounds like a very loud Maccaferri.

Any leads are appreciated.

https://instagram.com/p/BrbY7PwDWUv/
Wim Glenn

Comments

• Chris MartinChris Martin Shellharbour NSW Australiaâś­âś­ Petrarca, Catelluccia, Bucolo, Martino, Hofner, Hoyer, Burns
    Interesting look, never seen anything like that before. Note 9th fret marker instead of 10th and what looks like a truss rod cover, so probably not from the Sicilian/French/Italian or mandolin school and not too old. I would guess a one-off made to order or just to the builder's own specs. I will follow the post with interest though as I am deliberately difficult and not being of the sheep mentality regarding guitars I always like to find new, or previously unknown variations.
  • bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Altamira M30, Gitane DG-370, Wide Sky PL-1
    You’re on target Chris. Jacques Mazzoleni of Gypsyguitars.com and Michael H. both have no idea about the maker other than it being likely North American.

Time to send photos out to a few luthiers.