Logo
Call Us
Categories

DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Today's Birthday

FabriceS

Related Discussions

Who's Online (6)

• adk 1:52PM
  • Cuimean 1:52PM
  • Feruza2134 1:52PM
  • JDRooke 1:52PM
  • S@nderV 1:52PM
  • spatzo 1:52PM

Mystery Bossa ?

AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Musicalia, Bucolo et. al.
the three Roma gypsy guys at the hot club jam this week were playing a rather beautiful gypsy bossa, but they couldn't tell us the name of it. In E minor, it had a melody line that (partly) seemed to descend in semitones from the E note.
it wasn't any of the 'usual" gypsy bossas (Dorado, Sephora, Blue bossa etc) and wasn't anything I recognised from many years playing gypsy jazz and listening to the brasilian / jazz/bossa nova/ samba repertoire. Anyone got any idea what it might have been ?? all guesses welcome , particularly with a sound or youtube link
|\ _,,,--,,_ ,)
/,`.-'`' -, ;-;;'
|,4- ) )-,_ ) /\
'---''(_/--' (_/-'
Tagged:

Comments

• crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Manouche Moreno, Anastasio,
    Not a fekkin clue but it was good.
    Buco
    always learning
  • AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Musicalia, Bucolo et. al.
    It *might* have been a version of "o barquinho",
    but played with eight times the usual amount of cannabis....
    |\ _,,,--,,_ ,)
    /,`.-'`' -, ;-;;'
    |,4- ) )-,_ ) /\
    '---''(_/--' (_/-'
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Manouche Moreno, Anastasio,
    Hahahahaha anybody got anything to eat ?
    AndyW
    always learning
  • edited December 1
    You guys have too much fun over there.
    I wonder what if Jerry Garcia and Django met... would Dark eyes drop to 80bpm or would Nuages spike to 240bpm?
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
    Buco it may sound like fun but it's actually very hard work, lol.
    always learning
  • Chris MartinChris Martin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Petrarca Modèle Chorus, Di Mauro Modèle Django, Gitane DG-250M, Favino Model 5A, Bucolo 'petite bouche', Hoyer & Framus Archtops, and a few electrics.
    Buco wrote: »
    You guys have too much fun over there.
    I wonder what if Jerry Garcia and Django met... would Dark eyes drop to 80bpm or would Nuages spike to 240bpm?
    Thanks, you have just given me a great idea to work on.....a Dark Eyes / Dark Star jam.....I'll let you know what I come up with.

Buco