DjangoBooks.com

Two-finger playing .........it's not just a gimmick

13»

Comments

• edited November 2018 Posts: 4,737
    @Bones I don't but I'd be happy to make a video. It's fairly straightforward when you get down to it.
    It's mostly arpeggios over Cm, A7, Gm, Eb7, A7, D7, Gm, D7.
    I recorded a video for my own sake of reference, it's on the electric (had to be very quiet) without fret markers so it's not much of a help but it's at half tempo so you can have an idea where it's going. Oh yeah, and you can hear the thrill he does near the very end (although my timing there isn't good) and he seems to be doing that deliberately so that he can switch the picking direction:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/KaUpTfnJn3Da274m9

My theory about the usefulness of pinky is the trouble is that it has no physical support from the neighbor fingers. I try to mitigate this by keeping the pinky close to the ring finger, I think it helps.
    If I'm showing a line to somebody, I use two fingers to play it. I think it makes it much clearer to see what notes are being played.
    Bones
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 4,737
    Here's quick and dirty (sloppy??) video explaining how to play Angelo's intro to Swing Gitan. I played slowly with two fingers so as to not completely derail the topic. Maybe I'll eventually do a nicer video when I'm at least shaved (this one is unlisted but viewable with the link), there really isn't a good video out there that I found explaining this little gem.
    Bones
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel