DjangoBooks.com

Best budget gig worthy guitar

2»

Comments

• Feruza2134Feruza2134 The NetherlandsNew Phoenix D hole guitar
    Looks nice but im not looking for an f-hole since im going to play lead (Michael told me the oval hole was louder)
  • AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15
    The DiMauro modele Django are usually very reasonably priced and sound sweet. Just avoid any with broken headstocks...
  • spudspud paris, france✭✭✭✭
    oval hole cigano! i bought mine 10 years ago and it gets better all the time. you can take it anywhere , its fine for gigs- unless you are talking about prestige concert halls or recording an album. the only possible problem is the thin neck. get a real luthier to set it up too.
    jonpowl
  • Feruza2134Feruza2134 The NetherlandsNew Phoenix D hole guitar
    https://www.interencheres.com/meubles-objets-art/vente-dinstruments-a-vent-et-a-cordes-pincees-233790/lot-18525005.html
    I dont speak french but do they mean cracks in the headstock or in the neck? This guitar looks really nice to me
  • mac63000mac63000 Tacoma, WANew Geronimo Mateos Jazz B
    edited November 2018 Posts: 248
    Feruza2134 wrote: »
    https://www.interencheres.com/meubles-objets-art/vente-dinstruments-a-vent-et-a-cordes-pincees-233790/lot-18525005.html
    I dont speak french but do they mean cracks in the headstock or in the neck? This guitar looks really nice to me

They mean headstock. Looks like they're at the base, which I'm guessing wouldn't affect play too much. You could probably have it glued and clamped to be reinforced, but I would say the guitar is probably not in great shape. I would be afraid to restring it. Cool looking guitar though.

Also, based on the photos, the string that's attached to the headstock looks like it was probably used to hang the guitar by the head/neck. Depending on how long it was hanging it could have negative effects on the neck/playability. Something to keep in mind.

Matt
    My thinking would be if you already have a gypsy jazz guitar, as long as it serves you well, then keep waiting and save for a luthier hand made.
    Which sometimes they actually come up in your price range.
    t-bird
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • @Feruza2134 Sounds to me like you're ready to move on up and take the plunge for a serious guitar since you have a budget one already. Save your money and get one. Non need to buy a middle of the road one and then in a couple of years feel the need to upgrade again. My two cents.
    t-bird