DjangoBooks.com

Di Mauro Chorus 1989

Hello ,
My best guitar, a wonderfull Di Mauro chorus is for sale, good conditions, fantastic selected woods and warm and very loud sound. link :https://www.ebay.fr/itm/153182633624

Comments

• jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    Any cracks or repairs of other sorts? Does it come with a case? Is shipping to the US 120 Euros?
    Merci, John
  • BonesBones Moderator
    What is the bracing like on those F-hole style guitars?

thanks
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    That one for sale looks very nice; one of Joseph juniors late ones (he retired in '92 I believe).
    I would be tempted but I already have something similar.
    Mine was made by Tony Petrarca a few years ago to my specs. He had made others before based on that design but I don't know if he had access to an original Di Mauro to copy.
    Tony sent me photos of the work in progress when he was building it and I have attached one showing the top braces.
    I had never really examined inside until I saw Bones' question so I got out my inspection camera and went for a tour of its insides.
    The top has one brace just above the top of the F-holes level with the end of the fingerboard, two near the bridge, about 15mm either side of the bridge and another down under the tailpiece. The back has three evenly spaced braces. I have sketched a rough guide on the attached photo, the top ones in red, the back ones are blue.
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    Having problems uploading photos; trying again.
    And finally (if it works this time......)
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Cool thanks Chris. I'm planning to do an F-hole short scale and an oval hole short scale to compare with my recently built D-hole short scale.
    Bones wrote: »
    Cool thanks Chris. I'm planning to do an F-hole short scale and an oval hole short scale to compare with my recently built D-hole short scale.
    Mine has a 660mm scale, but I guess 650 or 640 would not make much difference structurally. Keep us posted on progress.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Will do. It will be a while as I have a bunch of non-music stuff going on :-(
  • AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.
    are the two short longitudinal braces under the feet of the bridge usually fitted in GJ guitars?
    [ I had them added to my Gerome when the back was off, mostly thinking to cure / prevent cracks ]
    edited September 2018 Posts: 959
    AndyW wrote: »
    are the two short longitudinal braces under the feet of the bridge usually fitted in GJ guitars?
    [ I had them added to my Gerome when the back was off, mostly thinking to cure / prevent cracks ]
    Common to original Selmers and Favinos, although I can't be sure for all later copies.