DjangoBooks.com

Anastasio or Casteluccia?

dmcj11dmcj11 New
in Europe Posts: 1
I’m in Paris next week. For my first time. And I want to get a guitar there. I plan to check out Casteluccia’s place. And then to RFCharles’ who has some Anastasio’s in inventory. Thoughts?

** I’m borrowing a beat up DuPont MD50 which I love. I may buy it, if I don’t get anything in Paris.

Comments

• t-birdt-bird Portland, Oregon Castelluccia Nuages, Dupont Nomade
    If you are playing a guitar you love, and have the opportunity to buy it, you should buy it.
  • AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.
    a visit to Guitare Village www.guitare-village.com in Domont is worth the 20km train ride North.
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    What are you asking? Which is best for you to play? How would we know? That is between you and the guitars to find out, which work, which bond, which sound right to you, all of that only YOU can decide.
    If, on the other hand you are asking which has more 'cred', or which will score more cool points at the jam, or even which might have the better resale value if you don't get along, well that will, I am sure provide hours of endless opinions and debate among the guitar label snobs who frequent these forums.
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    Don't go buy a guitar or guitar shopping, buy the beat up Dupont. Nothing like playing a good guitar that been well used. No need to worry about taking it to a gig or a jam in the park. Just my opinion
  • By all means, try some guitars out if you have the opportunity to do so. But I'm of the same opinion as most of the folks here that you should buy the guitar you love playing.
  • François RAVEZFrançois RAVEZ FranceProdigy
    First, as far as I know Dupont showroom in Paris at avenue Daumesnil has closed down in 2016. Secondly don't expect to buy a new guitar directly at Castellucia's (there is usually at least a 6month-delay as they are made at order according to the customer specifications) unless they have 2nd hand guitars (which is not very often).

Best

François
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 88
    After waiting 8 months for my Castelluccia Oldschool 48, it is worth it everyday. Hope you can visit his shop and try it there and see if they click with you.