Logo
Call Us
Categories

DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Today's Birthdays

pascal michel kungfumonk007 l5wes WyattCapas ChristinaK

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

How thick is a Stimer?

Chris MartinChris Martin Shellharbour NSW Australiaâś­âś­ Petrarca, Di Mauro x 3, Sonora (by Busato?), Favino (classical), Bucolo, Hoyer, Framus, Martino 'D' hole, Castelluccia 'Romantic' style and a few electrics.
Just wondered if anyone knows what is the minimum space between the strings and the sound hole to fit a Stimer ST48 under.
For a 'petite bouche' obviously there are variations in neck angle and bridge height that affect the space available.
I have a few guitars and so far have been juggling between a Krivo and an old Shin-Ei but have a hankering to try the real thing.

Comments

• Chris MartinChris Martin Shellharbour NSW Australiaâś­âś­ Petrarca, Di Mauro x 3, Sonora (by Busato?), Favino (classical), Bucolo, Hoyer, Framus, Martino 'D' hole, Castelluccia 'Romantic' style and a few electrics.
    Ok, sorry, no need to ask; I just checked the details on this site and it says thickness = 8mm. Got my answer.
    MichaelHorowitz
  • What do you use from Shin-ei?
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • Chris MartinChris Martin Shellharbour NSW Australiaâś­âś­ Petrarca, Di Mauro x 3, Sonora (by Busato?), Favino (classical), Bucolo, Hoyer, Framus, Martino 'D' hole, Castelluccia 'Romantic' style and a few electrics.
    Buco wrote: »
    What do you use from Shin-ei?
    I don't know if it has a model number, it is one of the old clip-on soundhole types I had for years. It is the nearest I have got to the late '40s Django tone. I doubt you can still get them now?
    I have used it on various guitars with good results.
    It does not fit on my Petrarca 'Chorus' style so for electric I use a stick-on Krivo, again quite versatile depending on how hard and where you pick.

Buco
    SHIN-EI.JPG 189.5K
    KRIVO.JPG 137.1K
  • Oh man that's sweet. I didn't know they made a pickup. I thought you're using one of their fuzz pedals or similar.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel