DjangoBooks.com

Ischell / phantom power supply

dm7b5dm7b5 New Orleans, LA
I just ordered an x48 + cpj here from djangobooks and it’s set to be delivered next week.

Looking for recommendations for running my new pickup. If you use this model, do you suggest running right into a mixer? Direct into an amp? Recommended phantom power supply?

Any and all info is much appreciated.

Comments

• MarkAMarkA Vermont✭✭✭ Holo Epiphany, Gibson L-5
    I plug straight into an Acoustic Image Clarus most frequently, but also directly into an AER Compact 60, very pleased with the sound with either amp, I use it on gypsy jazz and archtop guitars. I think you will enjoy using the Ischell, it's a great product!
    dm7b5
  • dm7b5dm7b5 New Orleans, LA
    Hey thanks @MarkA

I’m looking for suggestions for a phantom power supply. There are so many out there! Looking for something of good quality components, silent operation and small (single channel).

Cheers
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 4,735
    Well it's very possible that the amp you end up running it through will supply phantom power.
    I have and occasionally use the ART Tube MP which provides 48V phantom power. They're built really well. I swapped the tube inside for higher quality one and it improved the sound some, I think. It's always been quiet but power supply crapped out after a few years, found a cheap replacement though.

PS oh yeah, ART also makes a single channel dedicated phantom power Phantom I, but it's the same price as the Tube MP. They're both cheap enough.
    dm7b5
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • dm7b5dm7b5 New Orleans, LA
    edited July 2018 Posts: 24
    Hey @Buco that ART tube MP looks awesome.

I received my Ischell today. Djangobooks accidentally sent the Inside box + CPJ instead. This works out just fine for me as this will work better with my guitar rig.
    Super stoked!

Buco