DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

Today's Birthdays

thorjensen LukasSunse italyjazz83

Advise on preamp! & sharing a composition

Elí SaúlElí Saúl Toluca, Mexico.New Dell'Arte DG-H2
edited June 2018 in Welcome Posts: 99
Greetings everyone! i wanted to ask for advise on preamp options for an AT pro 70.
I'm in love with the mic but sometimes its a pain to equalize myself on different venues, I use a Vox pathfinder 15r to tweak a bit bass and treble but it's not the best option. i'll be very thankful for any insights on this matter!

And also id like to share a Waltz I composed sometime ago, i been trying to find my voice on the style any feedback will be appreciated :)

Josechiky

Comments

• BonesBones Moderator
    Nice waltz Eli. Thanks for posting it.
    Elí SaúlJosechiky
    LR Baggs Para DI is what I use, works very well. Helps keeping feedback away with a mic I'm using. And I can dial in the sound I like when, for some reason, the setting I had and liked at one place, doesn't sound the same at a different space.

It's a very nice melody. I couldn't hear the rhythm guitar clearly and that may be the reason for me saying this, but at times the rhythm guitar sounded a little static, like it would be nice to hear some more harmony movement.
    I hear this melody done as a waltz ballad, around 120bpm and doing some kind of rumba strumming pattern.
    Elí Saúl
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • Elí SaúlElí Saúl Toluca, Mexico.New Dell'Arte DG-H2
    Buco wrote: »
    LR Baggs Para DI is what I use, works very well. Helps keeping feedback away with a mic I'm using. And I can dial in the sound I like when, for some reason, the setting I had and liked at one place, doesn't sound the same at a different space.

It's a very nice melody. I couldn't hear the rhythm guitar clearly and that may be the reason for me saying this, but at times the rhythm guitar sounded a little static, like it would be nice to hear some more harmony movement.
    I hear this melody done as a waltz ballad, around 120bpm and doing some kind of rumba strumming pattern.

I thought of LR baggs but its kinda pricey hehe and here in mexico the price have gone up alot due to NAFTA, i spend almost 100% more on strings since january :/. thanks for the tip!

and yeah sadly the camera mic wasn't that good, the effect i went for is having the guitar doing the root as a pedal on 1 and the bass moving down chromaticaly from the root to the 6th, the guitar does this aswell two octaves up.

Oddly enough, i opted for Rythm changes in 3/4 for the B section, it appeared as a good idea until i actually started to improvise, it took me some time getting used to it, i would often go automatic i got rythm mode haha.
    Bones wrote: »
    Nice waltz Eli. Thanks for posting it.

Thanks! glad you liked it :D
    Buco
  • spudspud paris, france✭✭✭✭
    the zoom A3 is an inexpensive option if you can find one. it has 3 footswitches: an auto feedback killer( that you can tweak), mute and boost. it has a lot of effects but they wont be useful for this style of music. you can also mix a jack input.
    Elí Saúl
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    You will find it difficut to locate an inexpensive preamp that will do much for you. You might want to check out the ones offerd by K&K Pure Sound. I've never used one myself, but their products are supposed to be quite good, and they have some in lower price ranges.

You might try locating a used Para DI on eBay or reverb.com - they are built like tanks, and a secondhand one in good condiiton should last forever. Headway is another excellent company whose preamps are like a Para DI on steroids, again pricy but a used one might be a good buy. There was one aviailable here recently but someone went and bought it (that would be me).
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles