Logo
Call Us
Categories

DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Today's Birthdays

AbbeyLyman TDog test joechoo LatriceCha

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

Can someone help me transcribe this one chord from Angelo Debarre's intro to Cherokee?

SDNWSDNW New
edited June 10 in Licks and Patterns

I've been having fun transcribing this pretty intro on my instrument and have been pretty successful up until I hit this chord, and I can't for the life of me figure out what kind of voicing he is using (I have a terrible ear). It almost sounds like an augmented chord, but I don't know how to match it. I can hear the C# going to Eb and I think the A on the 4th string, but it sounds like he's hitting more than two notes by the sound of his plectrum. Could any of you help me out? I repeated the context twice and then the chord I'm trying to transcribe multiple times.

Here's the full song if you haven't already heard it; it's an absolute killer!

Comments

• Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    Sounds to me like

X
    X

followed by

X
    X
    jonpowl
    I live in a little tourist town called Niagara-On-The-Lake, Ontario, Canada, which is about twenty miles north of Niagara Falls.

If you are ever planning on visiting the beautiful Niagara area, feel free to PM me and perhaps we can get together and do some jamming.
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    edited June 11
    or alternately

X
    X

to

X
    X
    I live in a little tourist town called Niagara-On-The-Lake, Ontario, Canada, which is about twenty miles north of Niagara Falls.

If you are ever planning on visiting the beautiful Niagara area, feel free to PM me and perhaps we can get together and do some jamming.
  • NewcastleBudNewcastleBud Erstwhile✭✭✭✭
    I think it’s possible it’s this:

X
    X

to

X
    X

I think, therefore I am......I think.
  • Thanks for everyone's help! I'm fairly certain I've got it now. I believe it is:

x
    x
    x

to

x
    x
    6 (played very lightly)
    x

Feel free to double check me on that because I want to get this intro note-for-note as he played it, but I think that's got to be it. Again, thanks for the leads!
  • NewcastleBudNewcastleBud Erstwhile✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I think you’ve got it!
    SDNW
    I think, therefore I am......I think.