Logo
Call Us
Categories

DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Today's Birthdays

harmopete quitos52

Who's Online (2)

• steffo 12:27PM
  • tomcunn 12:27PM

Krivo pickup with Galli GSL strings

Hi Everyone,

I like the look of the djangobucker but have a thought that it may not work as well with silk and steel strings. Has anyone had experience with this combo?

Thanks

Comments

• I used variety of silk and still strings including Gallis for a while along with Krivo single coil, no issues at all.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • Chris MartinChris Martin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Petrarca, Di Mauro x 3, Sonora (by Busato?), Favino (classical), Bucolo, Hoyer, Framus, Martino 'D' hole, Castelluccia 'Romantic' style and a few electrics.
    As Buco says, no problems.
  • Thanks for the input guys :)

Buco- Any particular reason you went for the single coil over the humbucker?

I'm looking for a pickup to loop Rythmn so i can play lead when busking alone. Iv got a bright sounding altamira m01
  • edited May 14
    I bought a humbucker first and compared it to a frind's single coil.
    There is a post somewhere where I went into detail but the humbucker seemed to have a slightly lower and quieter output, and the single coil besides being a touch louder was a bit more "electric" sounding which is what I wanted. So I returned the humbucker and got a single coil from Michael.

Then I had an "aha" moment and realized I can create a humbucking setup by combining two of the Krivo single coils (it's quiet most of the time but occasionally I'd run into a hum issue) . Bought my friend's single coil which he wasn't using any longer and that's the set up I use now.

PS the latest Krivo humbuckers have a new look so just based on that, Jason might have redesigned it. So my observation may not be correct with this new pickup.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel