DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (0)

Today's Birthdays

EvaLarry Fumée JedDobson0 chrisfargen ybileydi

WTB Entry-Level GJG in UK

2»

Comments

• DjangoJayDjangoJay New
    Hey im from the uk too. I'd recommend an altamira, I got my m01 from siccas guitars online, real fast delivery and no import charges. Mine sounds beautiful and keeps up with my mates Luther built guitar.
  • danowensdanowens New
    Anything new? I've missed a few on eBay and I'm gutted!
  • stuologystuology New
    edited July 2018 Posts: 40
    My Cigano GJ-5 should really go to a good home, although I would be sad to see it go. It’s a 12-fret which won’t suit everyone but it’s a bit of a classic really hard to get a guitar like this in a budget range. I’m based in the North West —

It’s the same model as this guitar on sale at hobgoblin

https://www.hobgoblin.com/local/sales/products/GR52026/cigano-gj5-gypsy-jazz-guitar-d-hole/
  • PetrovPetrov ✭✭
    edited July 2018 Posts: 111
    Word is the new Altamira model M sounds great and at a budget price. There was a thread where Denis Chang @dennis tried a bunch of guitars and this was the best bang for your buck.

A good setup will go a long way.

I have a antique M01 with custom bridge and setup and it sounds amazing compared to the D500 Gitane I had.
  • TDogTDog Victoria, BCNew Shelley Park Montmartre; Cigano GJ 5
    it's worth checking amazon periodically - I picked up a new D hole Cigano for $310 CAD (about $235 US) a few weeks ago.
  • PompierPompier MarylandNew Cigano GJ-15
    edited July 2018 Posts: 62
    Yeah, Amazon pricing for new guitars can be pretty wacky. At one point I noticed that a Gitane with a $200 case cost less than the same guitar without the case. In fact, I originally came across this site here after the price for the Cigano I was about to buy went up by about $100 overnight. I'm glad I did too. Michael helped me in ways Amazon never would with that purchase and afterwards.
    MichaelHorowitz
  • TDogTDog Victoria, BCNew Shelley Park Montmartre; Cigano GJ 5
    Agreed Pompier - I picked up the Cigano because there was a sudden price drop and with exchange and border costs it's expensive to get a guitar to Canada; however, generally I think buying from Michael is a much better way to go.
    MichaelHorowitz