DjangoBooks.com

purchase + damaged D string- argentines

Hi guys

1. I recently installed argies in my DG 255. I was very surprised when I realised that D string is damaged. It doesn't sound like guitar string. There was probably error during production or something. I pasted link below so that you can check it yourself. I play from E6 to G3. Anytime I pluck D4 I get no sound. Has anyone of you ever experienced something like that before ?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ty9ln9rkruc3lic/argentines .MP3?dl=0

2. by the way , I have questions to europeans, what internet shops do you use to buy gypsy jazz strings ?

Comments

• BonesBones Moderator
    Could be a bad string unless there is a problem with your guitar. I have had one bad string in a set once.
  • rafapakrafapak ✭✭
    thanks for reply
    If it didn't happen before and you know it's the string issue, not the guitar, what you can try to do is twisting the new, dead string anti-clockwise 5 times at the loop end or ball end. So loosen it up to where you can grip it and twist it like that. Some people say it cured their dead out of the pack strings.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • rafapakrafapak ✭✭
    thanks
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Hey Buco, what do you mean by anti-clockwise? Looking from which direction? Thx
    So if you have a dead on the arrival loop end string, unwind enough to get the loop off the post, grab the loop with the pliers and twist anti-clockwise.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel