DjangoBooks.com

Anyone tried the Kleio 47 pickup

2»

Comments

• ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    bobogypsy wrote: »
    I am thinking about the Kleio 47 for my Altamira M30 but I am not sure the pickup will be too high for my strings. Does any body use this pickup with their M30?
    I am not familiar with the Altamira but my Kleio 47 is only 8mm thick and fits both a Gitane DG250M (now sold) and my Di Mauro Modele Django and easily clear of the strings. By the way, played through a little Pignose 7100 portable amp (which also has a line out to drive a bigger amp if needed) it does a great late '40s Django tone.
  • cavemusiccavemusic Edmonton, Alberta 2010 JWC Modele Jazz, 2015 Jean Barault Grande Bouche with resonator, 1947 Kay upright bass, Django finger puppet

I just got a Gabojo Klieo 47 pickup and I really like it. It fits nicely on my JWC Modele Jazz and it's got a nice full electric jazz guitar tone. It only fits on a standard petite bouche guitar - it won't work on my grande bouche. Highly recommended.

Kevin
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole

Yep, I got one about three months ago. It's the best balanced pickup in my opinion.

always learning
  • TwangTwang New

It’s better than a Peche then?

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Interesting thing is that at the point in the video below (1:08) the D-hole player looks like she is using one. Later overhead shots would suggest that it is just slightly clipped onto the bridge side of the soundhole slightly askew, but this point in the video seems to show space between the guitar and pickkup. How does it attach?

FWIW Buco, my search for Kleio only turned up pictures of a tattooed lady (fully clothed). I must have safe search on. I'm guessing what I find if I search more. She shows up more often in crosswords as CLIO - "one of the muses."

Cool, thanks for sharing it

Yeah Bill, since then browsers have progressively been shifting towards "safe" search by default. I really like the sound of the '51 model but can't see myself spending what I got my amp for. I'm happy there's a market for it though, I understand the cost to make this stuff is higher when it's done on a small scale.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • TomasTomas CzechNew Oval By luthier Jakub Hřib, Gitane birdseye maple "prototype model", Ibanez ag95qa

Ok ok...I got it.. I ordered one for myself too. :D I really looking forward to it. I'm curious about sound with my Laney mini-stb amp. It's little amp with surprisely vintage sound. I'll write about my result later. But I don't have any other gj pickups to compare. That's my first one. Thanks for tip!