DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

Today's Birthdays

countrygypsy S@nderV MaxGuitar

Anniversary Song: Tune of the Month, May '06

JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
edited February 2014 in Repertoire Posts: 1,911
Here we go again...

For a bit of a change I thought we'd look at something that's often played in 3/4 but isn't as much of a challenge as [i]Montagne [/i]or [i]Valse a Dora[/i]. Anniversary Song is a tune I've heard played a thousand different ways, so don't take any of this as gospel. We tend to play it in as an AABB form in 3/4 before breaking into a 4/4 uptempo version (*see below). Here are some basic changes:

*4/4 break:
I'll usually just use this, returning to Am from the last E7 of the B section, so the break would be at bar 63:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
--5--8--8--7------------------------------------------------------------------
--5--8--7--7------------------------------------------------------------------
--4--7--8--6-----------------------------------------------------------------
---------8--7---------------------------------------------------------------
--5--8----------------------------------------------------------------
then repeat, hitting each chord twice (or with triplets on the last two-I'll try to post an audio example if I can...)

The head is really pretty easy to work out by ear so I'm not posting it here, but here's a hint: the first note is E. I know at least a few of you do this tune, and it'd be good to hear from you all...if I remember right, Sir Robin Katz does a mean version; anything to add, my friend?

More to come,
Jack.

Comments