DjangoBooks.com

Stephane Wrembel lessons

dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
edited November 2017 in Welcome Posts: 2,159
Hi folks, sorry for the spam but I think I contribute enough to deserve the occasional spam ;-)

Last year, I recorded a lesson series with Stephane Wrembel. I just released it today, and Stephane agreed to have a huge discount sale until the end of the month because he's just a really generous guy!

I am especially proud of volume 2 where Stephane reveals in great detail his special polyrhythm concept for Gypsy Jazz, you can watch a clip here:

https://www.facebook.com/DCMusicSchool/videos/1560435970711540/

It's available at http://www.dc-musicschool.com

Thanks!
juandererJosechikyBarkonatorMcQ

Comments

• JosechikyJosechiky
    I'll get both volumes as soon as possible :) .
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    It is not spam, just sharing the good info! Thanks Denis
    Josechiky
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Thanks Denis!
    Josechiky
  • PetrovPetrov ✭✭
    Thanks. Got volume 1 for now.
  • McQMcQ Fayetteville, ARNew
    edited November 2017 Posts: 75
    I just saw this in the store at https://www.dc-musicschool.com/store/ --thank you!
  • ChiefbigeasyChiefbigeasy New Orleans, LA✭✭✭ Dupont MDC 50; The Loar LH6, AJL Silent Guitar
    Got them both. Thanks Denis and Stéphane.
  • JosechikyJosechiky
    Just got both of them too!Thanks Denis!
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    The syncopation exercises sound crazy. I think my girlfriend might kill me if I try to practice that around here!
    Josechiky
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    Thanks folks!! And don't forget to check out the newly released FREE gypsy jazz rhythm with Benji Winterstein!

Anyway, for vol 2 of Stephane's lessons, I'm really happy about the polyrhythm lessons, and the playalongs that come with it. I've muted the rhythm guitar track, so there's only bass and stephane's polyrhythms! Your job is to keep the rhythm straight and not get thrown off! It's really one of the best rhythm guitar training exercises out there. Stephane's time is really precise, and the bass is quantized to a metronome so if anything wrong happens, it's YOU haha
    JojoMcQrichter4208Jim KaznoskyJosechikyBillDaCostaWilliams
  • NylonDaveNylonDave Glasgow✭✭✭ Perez Valbuena Flamenca 1991
    edited November 2017 Posts: 462
    The syncopation exercises sound crazy. I think my girlfriend might kill me if I try to practice that around here!

Django used stuff like this all the time, it is hard to hear in melody till you've done the work and then it becomes obvious, and melody brings out the beauty.

Here is my favourite ever syncopation exercise in all of recorded music (55s-1m.12s,3/16 over 4/4)

Django uses a fragment here in a similar way but over a shorter time (from 48s to 52) then breaks out of it.

Lots of Django's rhythm fills are based on polyrhythms where the rhythmic motif is in say 9/16 but the harmony is moving in 4/4. None of this stuff is obvious but if you work on it then it can really open your ears and give you new insights. Whether or not Django did these things consciously or not is besides the point in my opinion. For sure Bill Withers new he was integrating an exercise into a performance piece.

Best of luck with the course Dennis, looks like good fun for the hardworking and it is nice to have the explanation in English once in a while !

D.

McQJosechikyBuco