DjangoBooks.com

WTB: My first Gypsy Jazz/Manouche guitar (JWC/Dupont Nomade/Stringphonic/Altamira)

Comments

• geese_comgeese_com Madison, WINew 503
    I actually went to the gypsy jazz jam at Brocach on Monroe street for the first time last Wednesday. Nice, low key jam with some very nice people. I see myself being a regular there. Now I just need to practice up.

I went to the MWGSF for the first time this past September and saw Harmonius Wail, Anouman and Joscho Stephan. Sims and Harmonius Wail do a good job of putting together a great event.
    geese_com wrote: »
    I am located in Madison, WI. If anyone has recommendations of places that I can check out GJ guitars in my area that would be great.

If you are in Madison, then you should check out Harmonious Wail if you haven't seen them. They used to have a regular jam at one of the bar/restaurants downtown...can't remember which. I think there is still a gypsy jazz jam down at the Irish pub on Monroe St. Internet tells me it is called Brocach. Finally, there is the annual Midwest Gypsy Swing Festival that you probably just missed if you weren't there.

All great places to check out players with different guitars and you could probably get a chance to try some out as well as jam on some tunes and improve your skills. I'm from the Fox Valley originally....next time I'm home, I'd be happy to jam with you.

• crescendocrescendo Palo Alto, CaliforniaNew Favino
    Not sure if anyone reading this thread is still looking for recommendations but......

I think this Geromino Mateos guitar sounds pretty incredible:

http://www.djangobooks.com/Item/geronimo-mateos-special-chorus

Was impressed by the petite bouche's I've tried, but the chorus has some great gusto.

Food for thought.
    MichaelHorowitz
  • TubaphoneTubaphone Kansas Mateos Django
    crescendo wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone reading this thread is still looking for recommendations but......

I think this Geromino Mateos guitar sounds pretty incredible:

http://www.djangobooks.com/Item/geronimo-mateos-special-chorus

Was impressed by the petite bouche's I've tried, but the chorus has some great gusto.

Food for thought.

SSShhhhh. I was hoping that one didn't sell before I figured out how to make it work. Super cool, and my Mateos is good bang for buck for sure.
  • constantineconstantine New York✭✭✭✭ Geronimo Mateos
    I own a Mateos - excellent guitars. There is also a Freschi for sale in classifieds which is a "keeper".
    Well...I just bought a Dell Arte Dark Eyes. I will compare the Dupont Nomade to the Dell Arte Dark Eyes and keep the one that speaks to me the most.
  • Enjoy!
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E
    Well...I just bought a Dell Arte Dark Eyes. I will compare the Dupont Nomade to the Dell Arte Dark Eyes and keep the one that speaks to me the most.

You are a machine! At this rate, you'll be up to a Holo in no time....err, wait a minute...that's another thread...
    ;-)

You are a machine! At this rate, you'll be up to a Holo in no time....err, wait a minute...that's another thread...
    ;-)

I actually really want an AJL 503 XO now.....hopefully the Dell Arte fits the bill in the meantime.
    richter4208
  • constantineconstantine New York✭✭✭✭ Geronimo Mateos
    Hey Geese - Did you try the Symphonic? Was wondering what you thought and if they are machine made or hand made.
    Hey Geese - Did you try the Symphonic? Was wondering what you thought and if they are machine made or hand made.

I did not try the Stringphonic. I started with the Altamira. Then I bought the Dupont Nomade to compare to the Altamira. I liked the Nomade more so I sold the Altamira. Now I am going to compare the Dell Arte (when it arrives) to the Nomade and see which one I like more.

I feel like I should have just saved myself the trouble and saved a little more money and waited for a good deal on a Dupont MD, AJL, or Holo to pop up. I guess I am just a little impatient.