DjangoBooks.com

Strings for John Jorgensen Gitane

Hey guys, new to the forum! Just had a question about the John Jorgensen Gitane. I recently bought one (used). When playing first playing it, it seemed to project incredibly well and had great dynamics. I'm not sure what strings they were but I believe they had blue tips on the end. Maybe Nuages? I restrung with Argentine 11s and now the tone seems noticeably weaker and thinner. Does anyone have any ideas on what strings the originals might have been and what strings work best with these guitars? Thanks!

Comments

John Pearse Nuages have blue ends. You kinda have to find out what you like as well as what sounds good on your guitar. If anything majority of people settle with Argies but as you said you're not crazy about them.
    loewen23
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • loewen23loewen23 New
    Thanks for your reply Buco. Normally I love the sound of Argentines but for some reason they don't seem to be responding well on the Gitane compared to the previous strings.