DjangoBooks.com

Clear Plastic?

SpaloSpalo England✭✭✭✭ Manouche Guitars "Modele Jazz Moreno" No.116, 1980's Saga Blueridge "Macaferri 500", Maton 1960's Semi, Fender Telecaster, Aria FA65 Archtop
I've seen a few GJ players protecting their guitars from 'strumming' marks with what looks like some kind of clear plastic material. Does anyone know what this stuff is and where its available? (I'm in the UK).

All the best,

SP

Comments

• SpaloSpalo England✭✭✭✭ Manouche Guitars "Modele Jazz Moreno" No.116, 1980's Saga Blueridge "Macaferri 500", Maton 1960's Semi, Fender Telecaster, Aria FA65 Archtop
    Top Man!

Thanks for that.

SP
  • SpaloSpalo England✭✭✭✭ Manouche Guitars "Modele Jazz Moreno" No.116, 1980's Saga Blueridge "Macaferri 500", Maton 1960's Semi, Fender Telecaster, Aria FA65 Archtop
    Top Man!

Thanks for that.

SP
  • lmntrylmntry Portland , Oregon✭✭✭✭
    Hi:

Here is a link for purchasing removeable pickguard material.

http://www.luxlogs.com/

I have been using it for about 2 years with great success....and I can take it off at any time...it's not permanantly glued onto the top.

David
  • sockeyesockeye Philadelphie sur SchuylkillNew
    You can buy the removable stuff very cheaply in the crafts section at Walmart -- it's used for making clear slipcovers for furniture. I am not familiar with such things -- I think they are only found in the swankiest homes.

:D

Be careful with this stuff: it's vinyl and as such will melt nitrocellulose finishes. It's OK for an hour or two, but don't leave it on a nitro finish for days at a time or longer!

The mylar Stew-Mac sells is great: it's super-thin and very tough. Check out Frank Ford's instructions on a "wet" installation. It will leave you with a pickguard that's bubble-free and barely visible.

http://www.frets.com/FRETSPages/Luthier ... uard3.html

John
    For you Djangophiles in the UK here's a site that does Mylar sheets and pre-cut clear pickguards:

www.guitarsparesandrepairs.com

All the best,

SP