DjangoBooks.com

Picks....Possibly a Different Perspective

13»

Comments

• PompierPompier MarylandNew Cigano GJ-15
    edited July 2018 Posts: 62
    I just recently read on this forum (not sure if it was a recent thread or something from the archives) that the difficulty of holding the pick in place is a common stage in the learning process, which resolves itself naturally with general increase in skill. I'm still at a stage where my pick rotates from time to time and I'm even starting to develop a knack for maneuvering it back in place without missing a beat. The Primetone picks have a Braille-like surface and the Dunlop purple turtle has a glossy surface that's just easy to hold in place for some reason. I've only had particular difficulty with the gator.

P.S. I just realized that Dunlop has another "turtle" series. I mean the 1.5 mm Delrin.
  • I am stuck on Manouche Little Stochelo's right now. Similar in tone to my Blue Chip but half the price and white so easier to see if dropped
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • swiesslerswiessler NorCalNew Dupont MD20,Gibson L5,Bumgarner F hole(DiMauro type)
    Eric Lopez makes some very nice picks. Eric is a one man shop in central California, and he plays our music. Check emlpicks.com.
    NewcastleBud
  • Blue Chips hurt more when you lose them. Trust me...it happened twice. :s
  • Blue Chips hurt more when you lose them. Trust me...it happened twice. :s

So very true....I too have had that experience x 2

The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
    Jim, you gotta get a box for those things, much harder to lose the box than one of those picks.
    Mine finally got to a point where I either get a new one or try to reshape the tip but I played with the thing for good 5 years now.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl
    The Blue Chip pouch has served me well over the years (attached to my car keys) - so far, never lost the pick.
    http://shop.bluechippick.net/products/Bluechip-Pick-Pouch.html
  • swiesslerswiessler NorCalNew Dupont MD20,Gibson L5,Bumgarner F hole(DiMauro type)
    I attach my pick wallet to the guitar case key. So far so good.
  • MatteoMatteo Sweden✭✭✭✭ JWC Modele Jazz, Lottonen "Selmer-Maccaferri"
    So, at last I stumbled on those black inexpensive Dunlop prime tone picks in a music shop. Not bad at all, not bad at all. In fact, I like it a lot! They didn't have the hole range, just one large model in 3 mm and 5 mm thickness and a few smaller ones. I chose the large 3 mm one. A nice new option in my small arsenal of picks. Thanks for the tip, Scoredog!
  • ChiefbigeasyChiefbigeasy New Orleans, LA✭✭✭ Dupont MDC 50; The Loar LH6, AJL Silent Guitar
    Here’s where my picks live and don’t get lost,