DjangoBooks.com

Any advice on workshops at LA Django Reinhardt Fest?

Brad HermanBrad Herman San Francisco, CANew JWC Modele Jazz, Stankevicius Alena, Alexander Polyakov Selmer #6
in North America Posts: 116
I did some workshops at the Mill Valley DjangoFest, and some of them were far too advanced for me... Still a beginner basically. I am going to be in LA this weekend and my wife is letting me go to the fest for a bit but I'm not sure which workshops/classes would be beneficial to me. Anyone have any information on this stuff?

10am - noon - Master Class with Yorgui Loeffler, 2 hours, Main Stage, Tickets $50.
10am: Workshops by Frank Anastasio, or Aurore Voilque, one-hour class, TRK campus, Tickets $25.
11am: Workshops by Claudius Dupont, or Noé Reinhardt, one-hour class, TRK campus, Tickets $25.
10am-Noon – Workshop Samy Daussat 2 hours, Main Stage Tickets $50.

Comments

• I think Samy has a lot of material to teach and he's a lot of fun.
  • ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017 Posts: 871
    I would say Samy as his english appears to be good...I'm not giving a seminar but playing the jam with The Idiomatiques on Saturday and before or after that can give you some tips. I have kind of an intermediate seminar mapped out too if you are interested. My english however is horrid (too many years growing up in NY).
    Brad HermanBillDaCostaWilliams